Tuesday, May 19, 2015

I dislike Aircards.

I have to deal with aircards every day. Some days everything works perfectly, and others just suck. The days that suck are when I can't make the aircards work right, no matter what I try and do. One of those is trying to delete a stored profile on a Sierra Wireless card, especially when the "delete" button is grayed-out.

I did find a hack that works, though. Here we go:


  1. Log in as Administrator.
  2. Create your profile. 
  3. Save your profile (It saves as an encoded XML file)
  4. Delete the C:\Program Files\Sierra Wireless\3G Watcher\predefined_profile.xml file
  5. Copy your saved profile over to the above folder
  6. Rename it to the above filename. 
  7. Reboot. 


This should leave your single desired profile as the only profile that loads. You can then make any adjustments that you want to finalize the profile. I've tried this with the 340U, and it works.

I'll update as I find more hacks to make the aircards play nice.

No comments: